Trusted by Independent Car Dealers since 2006
It’s easy to get out of a car sales slump when you know the most productive ways to increase car sales.
Of course, if every dealer knew the best ways to increase car sales, there wouldn’t be a multi-million dollar industry based on teaching salespeople tricks of the trade. And if you’re reading this, you’re most likely familiar with the unpredictable nature of the car business. One day you’re so busy you can barely get a bathroom break, and the next, you’re struggling to hit your monthly target. It’s frustrating to be in a rut, but it’s a great time to analyze your dealership’s approach to see what might be lacking.
If you’re looking for a little more consistency with your team’s schedule and, more importantly, your profit margins, then you could genuinely benefit from these productive ways to increase car sales at your dealership.
7 Ways to increase car sales no matter how well you’re already doing
1. Increase your availability.
A car dealer’s hours can have a significant impact on their traffic. Car buyers are looking for convenience and having limited hours can be a huge turnoff. While it’s harder for smaller dealers with fewer employees to keep up with extended hours, it’s best to be open seven days a week. You can also increase availability by having your team use your mobile CRM to contact clients when they’re out of the office.
2. Analyze your pricing.
Real estate agents perform regular market comparisons and auto dealers should, too. Car comparison sites are just as useful for dealers as they are for car buyers. See where your dealership ranks, and make adjustments as needed. Because most people make their car decisions online, you don’t want to scare them away by overpricing your inventory.
3. Be smart when stocking your inventory.
Pricing is important, but if you notice your inventory is consistently hanging around for more than 60 days, then maybe you’re not stocking the right vehicles. Take note of the cars customers inquire about and monitor your monthly reports to see what’s selling. You have a better chance of being profitable when reducing your floorplan fees. It’s important to make educated decisions when purchasing vehicles for your lot. Give customers what they want, not what you think they need.
Sell cars on the lot faster with AutoRaptor
4. Offer unique customer incentives.
Free oil changes are a popular incentive for dealers to offer their buyers, but now it’s become so customary that car buyers assume they’ll come standard with their purchase. One of the best ways to increase car sales is to offer unique incentives to your customers. Instead, you may want to try offering:
- A tire and wheel, paint protection, or other extended service packages.
- A gift certificate towards wear and tear items such as wipers, brakes or tires.
- Reconditioning services. The cost of even three reconditioning services is still cheaper than a lifetime of oil changes and are appealing to customers such as busy parents or business owners.
5. Streamline your daily routine.
When you work smarter, you can reduce the time it takes to complete a car deal. In turn, you have added time to sell more cars, and you’re increasing customer retention. Digital processes are the most productive way to enhance efficiency, so it’s crucial to make the most of your dealership’s CRM tools. Be sure the software you choose focuses mainly on auto dealers, and that it also has a mobile app. Mobility is essential for car dealers today because the faster you respond to a client, the more prosperous you will be.
6. Improve your team’s communication skills.
One of the best ways to increase car sales is to give customers reasons to interact with your dealership regularly. At your next meeting, you can encourage your team to:
- Send ten emails, ten texts, and make ten phone calls each day.
- Share useful content on your dealership’s social channels. Think “how to’s” and helpful information instead of a continuous stream of ads.
- Take a few minutes out of each sales meeting to teach your team about your dealership’s CRM features and discuss how your team can use them to improve efficiency and communication with customers.
- Roleplay car sales scenarios and give feedback on how certain situations can be improved. It’s better to practice on fellow salespeople than get it wrong with a client and end up with undesirable online reviews.
7. Monitor accountability.
Make time each morning to review your salespeople’s incoming appointments and current leads by using your CRM tool or requiring them to hand in a daily strategy report. Taking a few minutes to review daily schedules will not only help your team plan their day, but it will help you plan yours, too. Increase customer satisfaction by making sure appointments are always on time, and never forgotten.
A little effort goes a long way, and when your team focuses on efficiency and improving communication skills, you’ll be sure to see an increase in dealership traffic. Some of the best ways to increase car sales have nothing to do with marketing and everything to do with being more thoughtful with your approach.