Trusted by Independent Car Dealers since 2006
How often do you utilize your CRM tool’s BDC email templates and automated texting features? It’s okay, be honest. Is it daily, weekly, or practically never?
Today’s car dealers know that digital communications, like emails or texts, are some of the best ways to sell cars, and yet a lot of them neglect to take full advantage of the BDC email templates and automated texting processes that make their CRM such a valuable tool. It can be tough to try new strategies when you’re busy, but the data doesn’t lie. If you fail to appeal to the modern car buyer, you stand to lose a lot of business. Digital communication is the key to selling more vehicles, and that’s not about to change any time soon.
Need more proof? Here are some highlights from a recent infographic about dealer communications:
- Over 90% of shoppers prefer to interact with a business through text.
- More than 77% of car buyers use a mobile device to shop for a vehicle.
- Email marketing continues to generate the most leads for auto dealers, at 39%, which is 27% more than direct mailers.
6 Ways to keep your customer communications running on all cylinders
Today’s car buyers are well researched and quick to move on if you aren’t ready to help them. Want to make contact with a lead? If you respond to them within five minutes, you have a one hundred times greater chance of making contact than if you wait thirty minutes. If you plan to stay ahead of the competition, you can’t just schedule daily email and text blasts; you have to implement processes that maintain their success.
- Oversee daily communication logs to see how many emails and texts are getting sent. Set goals to double that number by the end of the month. Next month, strive to double that number.
- Stop wasting time sending messages that get overlooked; create content that car buyers will appreciate by customizing templates aimed towards distinct demographics.
- Use CRM reporting to track which messages are getting the best responses, so you know if your approach is working, and which you can eliminate entirely.
- Remember to delete the templates that have failed so they don’t accidentally get used again.
- Don’t be afraid to customize unique templates, because customers prefer personalized messages over generic ones.
- Schedule automated texts and/or emails for each of the following circumstances, but also come up with original content that may appeal to your particular customer base:
- Welcome a customer and say thanks for stopping by.
- Schedule a test drive with new or existing clients.
- Send messages of customer appreciation.
- Wish them well on their birthday or wedding anniversary.
- Congratulate them on their vehicle purchase anniversary.
- Remind them when their registration, license, or inspection is going to expire.
- Send inventory snapshots to shoppers.
- Share how-to videos and seasonal maintenance tips.
- Schedules service appointment reminders.
- Inform customers about fun dealership or community events.
Everyone is responsible for dealership compliance.
Not only is it essential to use a CRM tool that takes auto dealer compliance seriously, but it’s also crucial that any team member who sends digital communications to clients fully understands TCPA Compliance regulations. Sending a message of the wrong type, at the wrong time, can lead to expensive fines and possible lawsuits. Any recipient has the right to Opt-Out or decline messages at any time, so be sure to have procedures in place that prevent them from getting contacted again.
It’s far too costly to ignore digital dealer tools that will increase efficiency.
Think about the days when there are so many deliveries that there’s hardly time to keep up with current prospects. The pressure is on to maintain existing customer satisfaction while simultaneously trying to attract fresh leads. On days like this, a digital assistant can be extremely beneficial. Besides organizing client and inventory information, a CRM tool can help maintain a consistent lead pipeline by assisting you with scheduling thoughtful text and email blasts in just a fraction of the time. Spend less time doing tedious clerical work and leave extra time to nurture client relationships as well as your career in car sales.
Interested in an Affordable, Full-Featured Auto Dealer CRM?
Schedule an AutoRaptor Demo Now!