Move cars off the lot faster than you can drive them
Is a car dealership TikTok worth your efforts? Here are seven reasons to add the social channel to your marketing efforts.
One of the great things about social media marketing, including a car dealership TikTok strategy, is that you can potentially reach a large number of people without spending a dime. Yes, it does take time, but you don’t need any special equipment or training. You don’t need a massive marketing budget. All you need is your personality and some guidelines and inspiration.
First, though, what is TikTok? If you’re over a certain age, TikTok may not be on your radar. It is, however, one of the most popular social media platforms, with the majority of users under the age of 24. TikTok users upload short videos, usually between 30 and 60 seconds. Some of the most popular videos are either humorous or instructional, both of which could give you some headway for a car dealership TikTok channel.
Like other social media platforms, TikTok makes use of hashtags and algorithms to share videos. In other words, you may
have some stiff competition. However, you can share these videos on your other social media channels, so you do get a good bang for your buck. Now then, how do you grow your following?
Know if we’re the right fit within 10 minutes
Rev up your marketing motor with these car dealership TikTok tips
1. Use hashtags. There’s no downside to using hashtags on your car dealership TikTok videos. They can extend your reach, increase the chance that people will find you, and you can localize your feed by using local hashtags, such as your city or geographic region.
2. Be authentic. TikTok users don’t want to watch your focus-group-approved commercials. They want the real you – the candid moments, the silliness, the unvarnished peek behind the curtain.
3. Be consistent. Just like any social media platform, if you’re only posting content now and then, it’s going to be hard to gain much traction. So how much should you post? That’s up to you, but a few times a week isn’t unreasonable.
4. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly. While this isn’t specific to growing your audience, it is essential in your ultimate goal for having a car dealership TikTok – to sell vehicles. As a mobile-first site, there’s a good chance that any TikTok users who visit your site will do so from a mobile platform. If your site isn’t user-friendly, they’ll move on.
5. Take viewers behind the scenes. There’s a lot that goes on in your dealership. Take your audience into the garage where they can see a tune-up. Ride along to the DMV, where your audience can wait in line with you (edited, of course) while your team registers vehicles.
6. Give ’em the old how-to. How-to videos are always good marketing, and as an auto dealership, you have a lot to offer. Post videos about topics like how to get a better offer on your trade-in or how to change a flat tire. Information like this is always helpful and could significantly expand your reach.
7. Remember that you are a car dealership. TikTok is a good platform for humor and personality, but it’s also a great way to take your audience on virtual test drives or show them the features of a vehicle. You can give your audience a complete tour of the vehicle inside and out. You are trying to sell cars, after all.
Plenty of people will tell you that a car dealership TikTok is a waste of time. They’ll let you know it’s just for kids or it doesn’t belong in a professional environment. Certainly, if you put in the effort and find it isn’t working, feel free to take a break. But find out for yourself if it’s the right channel for you. If you’re having fun and growing an audience, especially without spending money, then that seems like a winning situation, no matter what anyone says.