Sharing these auto quotations with your sales team will be a great motivator
There’s something to be said for great quotes that evoke strong feelings. They can make you laugh, cry, think, or become inspired.
Does your sales team need a good chuckle? Do you want them to feel driven to succeed? It may be as easy as sharing some interesting auto quotations with them — and the 25 listed below are among the very best. Share one at every sales meeting, hang a few up in your break room, or just send a link to this article to all of your employees. The point is to show them that you care and the love of cars isn’t just a hobby. It’s a lifestyle.
These auto quotations could also be used in your dealership’s regular newsletter or on social media channels as a fun “extra” for your customers. Use your best judgment and imagination!
Our favorite auto quotations for car lovers
1. “Cars and cameras are the two things I let myself be materialistic about. I don’t care about other stuff.” – Louis C.K.
2. “Automobiles have always been part of my life, and I’m sure they always will be. What is it about them that moves me? The sound of a great engine, the unity and uniqueness of an automobile’s engineering and coachwork, the history of the company and the car, and, of course, the sheer beauty of the thing.” – Edward Herrmann
3. “It’s a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.” – Dale Earnhardt
4. “Nothing ages your car as much as the sight of your neighbor’s new one.” – Evan Esar
5. “The cars we drive say a lot about us.” – Alexandra Paul
6. “I think that cars today are almost the exact equivalent of the great Gothic cathedrals: I mean the supreme creation of an era, conceived with passion by unknown artists, and consumed in image if not in usage by a whole population which appropriates them as a purely magical object.” – Roland Barthes
7. “The automobile is an American cultural symbol.” – Raymond Loewy
8. “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” – George Carlin
9. “Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car.” – E.B. White
10. “I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car’s headlights and tell you exactly which way it’s coming.” – Mitch Hedberg
11. “Fast cars are my only vice.” – Michael Bay
12. “Some men take good care of a car; others treat it like one of the family.” – Evan Esar
13. “The car trip can draw the family together, as it was in the days before television when parents and children actually talked to each other.” – Andrew H. Malcolm
14. “I love driving cars, looking at them, cleaning and washing and shining them. I clean ‘em inside and outside. I’m very touchy about cars. I don’t want anybody leaning on them or closing the door too hard, know what I mean?” – Scott Baio
15. “To attract men, I wear a perfume called ‘New Car Interior’.” – Rita Rudner
16. “One has to go back a while to recall a time when cars were simply means of transportation. In those days, they were just considered automobiles. Today, cars are extensions of their owners. They make statements about the character and status of their owners. They are loved, polished and pampered by some owners. They elicit a wide range of emotions, ranging from exasperation when they don’t work to pure delight when they are expensive, beautiful and drive like a dream. They cause people to stare and drool and say ‘Some day…’” – Ebony Magazine
17. “All of those cars were once just a dream in somebody’s head.” – Peter Gabriel
18. “I have a need to make these sorts of connections literal sometimes, and a vehicle often helps do that. I have a relationship to car culture. It isn’t really about loving cars. It’s sort of about needing them.” – Matthew Barney
19. “I hate when someone drives my car and resets all the radio presets. I don’t understand it. If I was ever driving someone’s car, I would never touch the things that were set.” – Will Ferrell
20. “Cars are the ultimate symbol of freedom, independence and individualism. They offer the freedom to ‘go anywhere,’ whenever it suits and with whom one chooses.” – Sarah Redshaw
21. “Cars are like rolling diaries, metal and plastic tableaux of the last ten years of their drivers’ lives…every dent, every drooping slice of chrome, has a story behind it.” – Jim Atkinson
22. “Always focus on the front windshield and not the rearview mirror.” – Colin Powell
23. “I’ve always been into cars. Cars are part of our genetic makeup. It’s unavoidable.” – Matthew Fox
24. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
25. “Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music.” – Unknown
Auto quotations will continue to inspire
As long as we have cars, people will undoubtedly continue to share their passion. That passion will be translated into new auto quotations for everyone to enjoy — and we’ll be sure to share them with you as that happens.